2/27/2010

Projects.....Does anyone else have this?

I was cleaning in my kitchen the other day and I looked around and saw the following...

This is JAG's valentine's day box. We had to make it at home. It was so fun creating this little box with my little guy. Thanks to my mom, the Cricut machine I received for Christmas made it especially easy and fun. JAG designed how he wanted it done. It was really fun to see his imagination at work.
When I saw the above, sitting on the counter I laughed out loud. Monkey Boy was working on his electrical merit badge and had to perform an experiment using an alternative source to conduct electricity. After researching "online" he discovered that a potato would conduct electricity with a nail, steel wool, and whatever else those metal things are called. But just seeing the potato sitting there with lot's of metal things popping out made me laugh. The kleenex is from a brand new box we had to empty for Kawehi's valentine box. We couldn't use the kleenex fast enough so we had to just take it out and it ended up on the counter. So this is my kitchen, full of projects, full of memories. Does anyone else have projects like this around their house? I love these types of projects. It reminds me of many times I worked with my parents on my own projects. I hope my kiddos will remember the times we have spent making projects with them. These memories are priceless.


3 comments:

  1. Katie, I am so glad you are back. I have been watching and waiting for you!!!! So glad your family is back in Idaho. Shoot me an e-mail and give me your contact information. I would love to catch up. jaykaywillis@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! YES! We have that too!!!!!!!!! (His box looks great!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have as many projects as you yet...but we did have a valentine box and there are lots of "science" projects self induced by my oldest....they do make for great memories.

    ReplyDelete