4/24/2010

LOCKS OF LOVE.....

This is Miss Kawehi. Last week she decided she had enough of her long hair. It was getting to hard to brush and take care of. And not to mention how hot she was with her hair hanging on her. So...we researched the Locks Of Love program. We measured her hair and knew she had the 10 inches they required. So, off to the salon we went. We explained to her why people who have cancer would need a wig. She was touched. She kept asking us if a little girl who had cancer would get her hair. At first it was kind of hard for her to grasp. But a lady who was sitting in the waiting area and overheard us talk to the stylist stood up and told Kawehi how important what she was going to do was to those who are sick. She told us about her dear friend who was going thru chemotherapy. I think Kawehi finally understood. It was such a sweet experience for me to witness. She was excited!! I think she was still a little confused...when she went to school on Monday she told her teacher.." I have cancer so I got my haircut to make wigs to help others who are sick!!". Out of the mouths of babes. I love when my kids see a need to help others and don't mind making changes to help others. I learn so much from them. The pictures are in order backwards....I still can't figure this blog thing. The first picture is the end result....



The stylist got 3 bundles of 10 inches off Kawehi

1...2....3....here we go!!!

Miss Kawehi, a little Sweetheart......


3 comments:

  1. what a sweetheart! Her dimples melt my heart - Trish and I were talking to her in the hall before RS yesterday while she was waiting to go into primary - she's a doll. We both love those little dimples...and her hair is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Marie narc'd me out- I was just going to confess that I think your daughter is just about the most darling girl! I love that she donated her hair, and the new style looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think her new hair cut is super cute!!! And she does have fantastic hair for a wig! She always looks so cute on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete