8/02/2010

My life...Right now

The summer is lazily passing me by....NOT!! It has been totally crazy here with my family!!! Here is an update:

Kalani finished summer school. That makes me happy. Not to mention his level of happiness. He has worked so hard all summer with school and work. He has had class 4 mornings aweek and 2 labs in the evening. I am so proud of him. Way to go, Kalani!!!

This is Pineapple Princess on the morning she left for the Stake Trek. Isn't she so totally cute? I am so impressed with her and her willingness to be a pioneer. My good friend, Jenn, made her pioneer clothes and did a marvelous job. Pineapple loved her trek experience and learned so very much. She loved her pioneer trek and now has a better idea of what the early pioneers went through. I love her. I adore her. I admire her enthusiasm for life. She is an example to me.


This is my oldest son, TCIG. On this very day I am so grateful that he is still in my life. He was in a farming accident back on July 9. He suffered greatly. This picture is of him in the ICU, the day after the accident. He is doing much better now. He spent 2 weeks in the hospital. He is healing pretty good for what he went through. Still has a ways to go....but he is ALIVE. He is healing. He is my son. He is my love. I thank my Father in Heaven for him (actually for all of my kiddos-but in light of what happened....)


This is Monkey Boy. He continues to have a fun summer. He has a best friend that invites him to go everywhere with him. He went to Scout camp and was busy with merit badges. He starts football in a week and is very excited. This is a picture of him in Las Vegas on July 4. We went to visit my mom and sister. Monkey Boy has a cousin his age and they had so much fun. Monkey Boy makes me laugh EVERYDAY!!! I love him. I love his humor. He is such a fun guy to hang out with.

This is Kawehi. She played catcher in her first season of Coach Pitch baseball. She loved it. She and JAG were on the same team. That girl can bat!!! It was fun to watch her play in her game. This little girl enjoys every minute of every summer day. She literally lives in her bathing suit and will play in the sprinklers, a pool, a pond, a stream, a lake etc. If it has water she is all over it!! We don't have a lot of "technical" toys so she and her little brother are forced to play outside...the old fashioned way. They play from early morning til 9:00 p.m. It doesn't get dark here until almost 10 at night. She touches my heart because she is like an old fashioned little girl.


This is JAG. In this picture he is wearing Pineapple's shoes...why? I don't know. He is just funny that way. Like his sister this little guy plays ALL day long. He loves running around without his shirt on and no shoes. He is about as brown as he can be. I am constantly reminding him to put his shoes on!!! He is always with a friend. Last Friday, was the rare occasion that his friends were all gone for the day. I thought he was going to die of boredom. He actually came and hung out with me. What a treat for me!!! We went and played WII--Just Dance. He cracks me up!!! He was dancing and singing and I laughed hysterically. What a perfect summer day...hanging out with my 7 yr old--dancing.


I cannot believe school starts in 28 days!!! My heart sings with joy. My kids actually look forward to school---not because they like school but because they get to see their friends. I feel bad we haven't done too many "fun" things as a family. I feel like my kids have been bored. I have busy with work, being at the hospital etc. The summer has just gone by so fast. I am so grateful for my kids and hubby. They have been patient. They have helped me. They have been my strength. They make me laugh. They make me smile. They love me. And because of that love I know I can get through anything.




1 comment:

  1. Very very sweet post! What a sweet crew you've got. I love the pineapple in her get up for trek! so darling! TCIG looks so fragile in that picture and I am very glad that he is still able to function but most important be here with you. The monkey boy- wow...I would've never guessed he is so outgoing...he seems so quiet. As for Kawehi - my girl lives in her swimming suit too....oh to be a kid again and run around all day just looking for water to play in ...ahhh the memories...what a doll! and your little JAG- what fun to spend time with him even if it was because he was about to "die" from boredom....(sounds like my Hunter- I am his LAST resort. ) Loved this post! Congrats to your hubby for finishing summer school! And congrats to YOU for living through all the madness! love you lots!

    ReplyDelete