2/11/2009

Friends make the "WORLD" go around.....


I have been thinking a lot lately about FRIENDS. I have decided that I am the luckiest girl in the world because I have the greatest of friends. I have thought about what my life would be like if "so and so" wasn't a part of my life. I have learned that friends are the "icing" on the cake. Life is hard enough, could you imagine trying to get through this crazy life without your friends?
I recently went to Arizona because my dear friend, Sami and her hubby Cole saved their frequent flyer miles and got me a ticket. Sami won't fly over water...so she probably won't visit me in Hawaii. This was probably the last time I will see her in a long time. Friendship means the world to her and I. We talk almost everyday. It hurt to say goodbye to her on the curb at the airport. I took a deep breath as I walked into the airport that morning. I couldn't even turn around to watch her leave. I cried. Thank you Sami for the GREAT weekend. And a special thanks to Cole for the ticket.
My oldest daughter, CS, is having a hard time with us moving to Hawaii...because she doesn't want to leave all of her friends. I understand. As time draws closer I am getting the "pit in my stomach" feeling of leaving our home, our friends, all that we are comfortable with. I have told her many times that "true" friends won't allow the ocean between them to kill a friendship. I feel your pain, Pineapple Princess (her nickname).
I have friends. They give me great joy. I would love to name all of you and give you a huge hug...But I am afraid I would leave someone out. So, I will say this: consider yourself hugged and loved no matter what category you fall into!!! I have friends in: my mom, my sister, my sister in laws, my aunts, my cousins, my 2nd cousins. I have friends that I have known since 2nd grade. I have friends that I grew up with. I have friends that make me laugh and cry..at the same time. I have friends that teach me how to make bread. I have a friend that takes care of my little guy, JAG, and loves him like one of her own. I have friends who let me cry on their shoulder, laugh with them, vent to them. I have friends because we met through a "kid" activity. I have friends that I serve with in church. I have friends because of visiting teaching. I have friends that secretly do things for our family. I have friends that love me unconditionally--just for me. I have friends who have lost loved ones recently. I say to them--do not give up hope. One of the greatest tender mercies of our Savior is that he knows you and the pain you are suffering. He will not leave you comfortless. Turn to Him--he will carry you through this pain. I have friends who have little ones at home and feel like all you do is tend to their needs. I say to you all--please take care of yourself. Don't forget to do something little for yourself. Let others help you. Because that is what friends are for. I have friends who call me Mom. The greatest word in the english language. I have a friend that I grew up with and am now marry to....Kalani, you are my greatest friend.
This post is getting too long. I just wanted to let you all know that I LOVE YOU. I cherish the friendships we have made. I laugh with you. I cry with you. I worry about you. I am concerned for all of you and the struggles that you are all going through. I pray for you. I consider all of you some of my greatest blessings in my life. I wouldn't be who I am today without the influence and love you have all given me. I thank you. I will miss the daily interaction of those of you in Star. The waves as we pass each other on the street. I will miss coming to church in the Star 2nd ward. I will just miss you. But the greatest thing about technology is that we will just be a click away or a telephone call away. So thanks to all of you who make my world go around!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Thank you Katie, for giving me the opportunity to be your friend. Thank you for coming to visit. I love ya and miss you dearly. (I will call you often!)

    P.S. I am looking forward to you moving back, pool and all. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, you are one of those rare and wonderful people who blesses every single life you touch. I'm so grateful to know you and to be friends with you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I am going to miss you. I remember when we first met and had some weird instant connection. You are that kind of person and I love you for it. We will miss you so much but thanks to your sister for MAKING you have a bllog!! I will be able to keep up on your family and keep in touch with you!!! BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete