2/12/2009

Happy Birthday, Monkey Boy

Today is my son's birthday. He is 11!!! We call him Monkey Boy, so that is what I will refer to him by in this post. This is the only picture of him I have on my computer--this whole 'blog' thing and downloading pictures on our computer is still really new to us--and I have most of our pictures packed. Anyway, my little guy is 11 today and I can't believe it. Time is just flying by. The picture is a great example of this son of mine. He loves to fly, to jump, to swim, to climb, to do anything. We have called him Monkey Boy since he was a toddler. He climbed on everything. So hence the name. He is full of love. He makes us laugh everyday. He was born literally at the end of my first marriage. This little guy was my saving grace. I would cuddle with him everyday and just love, love, love him. He took my mind off the stresses of what I was going through in LIFE. He helped me stay sane. He is a peacemaker {most of the time}. He loves Scouts and even wants to go tonight, on his B'day. He loves video games--{he isn't allowed to play too much} He hates doing chores {but what kid doesn't} He loves to do science projects with his great dad. He loves Allan so very much, they are buddies. He loves to watch movies. He is great at doing an English accent. A mom in class working with the reading group told me when it was his turn to read he totally did it in an english accent--she almost told him to stop, but said she couldn't because he was really good at it. He can remember lines to movies. He loves to sing. He loves music. He is a great big brother and a little brother {he is right in the middle}. He is my kid that is happy with almost nothing. He can have fun playing with a stick, a rock or a sock. He is very imaginative. He tells great stories. He loves to talk. He knows a lot of facts--and you can almost catch him at any time of the day saying 'Hey, Mom, did you know....". He wears glasses and is so handsome. He has gorgeous blue eyes that sometimes you can't see because of his glasses. He is my kid that is proud to say he has no cavities and hardly brushes his teeth and in spite of that the dentist says his teeth are GREAT!! {how embarassing for me, his mom, to state that little jewel!!} He is full of life. I couldn't be more proud of him. How can someone be so full of joy and sadness at the same time? Oh, that is right--I am his mom. So full of joy he is in my life, a little sad because he is growing up so fast!!! So, Monkey Boy--FLY, FLY, FLY!!! Happy Birthday!!

3 comments:

  1. He IS a handsome boy. I hope that he is able
    to acheive all his goals in life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN! I hope you had a very happy day. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday nathan!

    we love you!

    ReplyDelete