3/18/2009

On the Road Again......

That is the theme song of our life these last few weeks......After A LOT of love, support, work, endurance, tears, boxes, trips to the post office, trips to the storage unit, more tears, laughs, dinners and lunches with friends.....we FINALLY made it to the Big Island of....HAWAII!!!! Allan and I landed yesterday and we are still waiting for the time difference to catch up to our bodies and the jet lag to disappear. We were lovingly welcomed by our children and mother in law, sister in law and nieces and nephew. We left Seattle yesterday morning in the rain and HUGE snowflakes and landed here in the rain. We have logged so many miles between Idaho, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, the Pacific Ocean and Hawaiian Islands I feel like I am all traveled out. The kids are adapting well and love it here. Our new mantra is "it's in a box somewhere" as we are still waiting for MANY boxes to arrive via the wonderful post office. I will be so impressed if all 44 (yes, I said 44) boxes make it here.

To all of our friends in Star that we didn't get to say goodbye to....We are sorry!!! We wished we could have gotten to see you all before we left. There just wasn't enough hours in the day to get everything done we needed to. So please forgive us and just know that we love you!!! Please keep checking our blog for updates on our family. We love Star and all that it did for our family!! We cannot wait to come back!!!

To all of you who helped us pack, move, let us borrow your trailer or truck...THANK YOU. We cannot thank you enough for all that you did for us. We believe we have the greatest support system and loved ones. After we had been here for a few hours I got really sad and down. It hit me like a twinkie truck (my dad's favorite saying) that I was really gone from Star and my wonderful friends and loved ones....I REALLY miss you all.

Our camera and chords are "in a box somewhere" so as soon as I can I will post some updated pictures. Until then please keep in touch. Look at our blog. E-mail us--allanandkatie@msn.com, our cell phones are the same for now.....our new home # is 808-333-5677. It is 4 hours behind Idaho here in time. 3 hours behind California and Nevada and Arizona.

We love you all. Mahalo (thank you in Hawaiian) for everything you have all done for the Gilbert Ohana (family in Hawaiian)!!!!! A-L-O-H-A!!!

9 comments:

  1. come back. i am in serious denial. serious.

    i love and miss you so much. just knowing you are there is making me more sad.

    i am happy for you. you know that right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you all pau?

    i want an au au!

    you say poole? i say poole for you. :(

    i want cou cou. allan's potatoe salad. mahalo!

    aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pearly shells...from the ocean. shining in the sea..coming from the shore??

    is that how it goes?

    for me thats how i sing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you gonna see dog? the big bad dog...

    the bounty hunter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. lilo and stitch. i keep thinking of cs and k doing the hula to lilo and stitch. i am thinking i better go cry to my pillow.

    seeing them do that makes my eyes cry. i love watching them.

    and cs? i love her smile when she hula's. you have beautiful girls. and very talented.

    can you give each of your fab 5 a hug from auntie cori?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you got there safely! Now the adventure really begins right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made it!!!! I am so glad you made it safely. I feel like you have moved to another planet!!! :(

    Maybe I will reconsider the flying over the ocean thing. I can't bare to wait 3+ years to see you and your family again. Call me soon.

    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We miss you too!! We are excited for all the new adventures that await you. Always know that we love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your kids are loving it! That must be a relief. ALthough, who wouldn't love Hawaii?

    I'm so glad you are updating your blog! We love you lots and are excited to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete