3/29/2009

Sea Turtles, Snorkeling and Raw Fish.....


We went to the beach today and had an amazing experience!!!! While we were just hanging around by the shoreline in shallow water, minding our own business, we had a visitor....Yep, a sea turtle (honu) came right up to us and just hung out with us. AMAZING!!! I didn't have my camera with me, so this isn't an ACTUAL picture of our new friend, but just so you get an idea. Kawehi and JAG couldn't believe it. I have to admit I was pretty amazed myself.
The kids also learned how to snorkel today. Allan has always loved snorkeling and is pretty good at it. The kids loved it.
TCIG went on a 2-day camping trip with the Young Men organization. He came home pretty sunburned and tired...however...he learned how to canoe/paddle, hangline fish, speared an EEL, caught, gutted and ate raw fish!!! I about fell off my chair when he told me this. This son of mine is my most "pickiest" eater. I couldn't believe he ate RAW FISH, and that isn't the only crazy thing...He loved it!!!
Our family, especially the kids, are having such wonderful experiences here on the island. I am grateful for this chance my kids have to learn new skills, new hobbies, new likes, new language etc. I am so excited for the future. ALOHA!!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, how incredible! I can't believe T speared an eel! Amazing! I'm so glad your kids are loving it! And thanks for your posts because it is so wonderful to know about your Hawaiian experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing experiences you are having!! I love reading your posts!! Sounds like things are going well for all of you and that is wonderful!! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so awesome! love this. real life crush and squirt!

    ReplyDelete