10/04/2009

Peace in the Chaos.....


We live in such a chaotic world. We, as a family, and We, as a human race. We are busy with our schedules and all the activities that require our attention. With 5 kids, 1 husband and myself and the committments we have CHAOS seems to be the common theme. Have you ever noticed how noisy the world is? I have. These last couple of weeks I have REALLY noticed how much noise is around me. I never realized how much this noise effects me, my mood and my family life. A couple of weeks ago I was finally able to do errands all by myself. I had the car and I spent the whole day (because it takes that long to go everywhere) running around getting all the things done that we needed done. I got to talk to my sister and my mom as I traveled back and forth. I ate at Taco Bell....my favorite place. It was such a great day to rejuvenate. But half way home after I hung up with my mom, my first instinct was to reach for the radio. Then suddenly it dawned on me....leave the music off and just be quiet..be still. So I did. What PEACE. No noise. No kids yelling. Just peace, stillness, quiet moments. Me and my thoughts. I was truly amazed at how good I felt. I thought of many things--kids, hubby, my mom, my siblings and their families, the gospel, my father who is on the other side of the veil and how I miss him so, our move to Idaho, our friends in Idaho. So many thoughts came running thru. It made me think of how many thoughts or moments I am missing because I allow the 'noise' of the world to encumber my mind. There is peace in the chaos. I know Heavenly Father is just waiting for me to tune in to HIM. Lesson learned.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy silence. I probably drive my family crazy because I like everything turned down and I'm usually happiest with nothing on at all. My husband came from a family with 8 kids and is used to background noise. So he prefers SOMETHING in the background. But I really like quiet. I hope you guys can find some peace in your lives in the coming year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those rejuvinating days! I'm so glad you got one...I love not having the radio on too...it lets your mind just go to things that it doesn't normally get to focus on while it's quiet. :) p.s. I love taco bell too!

    ReplyDelete