11/22/2009

Cute girls in costumes....

Since we have lived here in Hawaii the girls have really been involved with their Polynesian dancing. There is just something about the dancing and chanting that makes me tear up and get a tight throat. When my girls dance I just become mesmerized. I am amazed at their ability to memorize and recite the chants. I am amazed at their beauty. I am amazed at their ability to move their arms, feet, hips and mouth at the same time--I don't know where that comes from because I can barely walk and talk at the same time. But since we are leaving in a few short weeks we wanted to get their pictures in the natural element of the island. We spent the day driving around looking for good picture taking spots. These pictures are just a sampling of our efforts. The ones below of Pineapple Princess show her in our favorite costume. This is the one she wears when she dances Tahitian. Kawehi and Pineapple have honored their dad with their dancing. Kalani's heart has been touched to have his beautiful daughters embrace his heritage. We are so blessed to be a part of this heritage. A heritage of beautiful traditions. A heritage where love, kindness and respect are weaved in lessons of everyday teachings and living. Aloha means hello, goodbye and love. What a wonderful word. A wonderful remembrance of how to be through out the day. Live Aloha.









A.L.O.H.A.=LOVE. LOVE=FAMILY. FAMILY=HAPPINESS.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful girls. I've seen CS dance. She is really talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow. how pretty they are.

    i can't wait to see your family!

    i heard that song..."celebrate me home"

    and i thought of you. because that is what we

    are gonna do. celebrate you home.

    ReplyDelete