6/21/2010

Do your kids do this?

This is Pineapple Princess...my oldest child. She is 15 1/2 years old. Can you guess where she is sleeping? Yep...my bed. I am curious....do all kids gravitate towards their parents bed? All of my kids...all 5 of them always fall asleep in my bed, crawl into my bed to snuggle with me or Daddy or when we aren't home go into our bed. Kalani and I were gone on this Friday night and came home about 9:00 p.m. This is where we found our oldest kid.....all comfy cozy. What is it about a parents bed? I remember in the movie Home Alone the little boy goes running into his parent's room and ends up staying on his parent's bed the whole time he is home alone. Does it offer safety and protection? Does it make the bad day go away? What is it? Whatever the answer is I love it. I love that even my big kids still want to feel the comfort of being wrapped up in my arms or at least my blankets....

3 comments:

  1. I always slept in my mom's bed when my dad was gone. There's something soothing about it. My kids all want in mine too....I think it's normal....she looks so peaceful too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our kids would all probably sleep in our bed if we let them. The littlest one makes it in there sometime in the middle of the night way too often. We let the kids make their beds on the floor of our room on Friday nights.

    I think it is healthy for kids to want to be close to their parents. Now, in our bed or in our room every night is annoying so we try to limit that to one night a week. But I still think it is sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's like 18 now. Does she still do this? I did that too when I was young, but that's because my parents' bed was much bigger and a lot more comfortable than mine. But yeah, it's sweet. I know kids and teens who just like to sleep in their parents' bed even if they have their fluffy queen-sized bed in their own room. Michael @ BalboaBedco.com

    ReplyDelete