1/10/2009

Webster's Dictionary defines.....


"SISTER" like this: a woman or girl as she is related to the other children of her parents. I define that word in a totally different way. I have been thinking about the word sister a lot this last week and decided that it has a deeper meaning. On January 1, 2009 I had to bid my little sister goodbye. We were in my mom's kitchen and Cori had to leave to go home and I was leaving very early the next morning. So this was goodbye.....and since we knew we were moving to Hawaii soon, we didn't know if we would see other again for a REALLY long time. So this goodbye was especially hard....How do you tell your little sister goodbye and not know when you are going to see her again? As we were standing there sobbing and holding each other we would whisper little things into each other's ears and then start giggling. Secrets between sisters. Little things that only we knew about and giggled. My 10 year old son was standing there and said: " I don't get it. How can you two be crying one minute and then laughing the next. We said almost at the same time, "because that is what sisters do!!!" So, there it is..the new definition of sister. One who can make you cry one minute and then laugh the next. One who can whisper sweet nothings into your ear and share secrets. One who can share sweet memories, impart wisdom, share talents, share lessons learned. Be a sweet example of motherhood and friendship. One who is a complete opposite of yourself but still have sooooo much in common. One who is there for you NO MATTER WHAT. One who is there when you bury one of your little ones. One who is there for you when your heart hurts so much you don't know how it can continue to beat. One who loves you unconditionally. One who patiently teaches you how to blog and load your new IPOD. What is a sister? Cori. She defines sisterhood. I thank you my sweet sister for all that you have done for me. I love you--more than you will ever know.

1 comment:

  1. oh that picture!

    oh what you said!

    oh just know i love you.

    thank you for this. katie. come back!

    i love you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete