2/26/2009

...Precious MOMents.....

I have been super busy trying to get everything ready for the big move to Hawaii. I have been running around like a "madwoman". I have been at times grumpy, short tempered, tired and just not very nice. I apologize to my family for that. Just not enough hours in the live-long day. However, because my little guy, JAG, is in Kindergarten I have him home every morning. And no matter how "crazy" life is he makes me smile. He makes me laugh. He makes me take a deep breath. I often will stop and just look at him and wonder what he is thinking....
Could he possibly be dreamin' of all the fishin' he will do in Hawaii--boys love to fish.


Is he remembering the stories we read together....Will he remember how much we loved to read?
I always want to know what my kiddos are thinking. I love seeing the look of wonderment on their faces. The light bulb going on when they figure something out. Or when something "clicks" with them. I need to remember that no matter how crazy life is I need to stop, look, listen, love, hold, smile, snuggle, pray, give thanks, laugh, cry, dance in the kitchen with JAG, kiss my honey when he walks in the door, speak softly, love, laugh, breathe....for these after all...

ARE THE SWEETEST TIMES.........




2 comments:

  1. We have all those crazy times when we lose track of what really matters because of what we have to do. You will be back to those fun times again all to soon. You family knows that you love them! They'll remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your little JAG would make just about any time sweet. He has the best spirit about him. We will miss him!

    And that precious time when children are little. When they aren't hating you for not allowing them to wear their tennis shoes with the holes in them. When they aren't grumpy because you force them to wear shoes that look nice and they just can't see it ... Yes, before THAT time. It's a very happy precious time in life. I wish it would last forever. (But I am glad for all the wonderful little surprises that even older-growing children offer.)

    ReplyDelete