3/02/2009

"Mommy, I had a beautiful dream last night".....


That is how my little Kawehi woke me up this morning. I was still enjoying the last few minutes I had before I had to pull my body out of bed. Allan was in the shower and little Miss Muffit woke up for some reason. She climbed in my bed and snuggled right up against me. "Mommy, do you want to hear about my dream?", she asked. I, of course, wanted to continue to sleep and pretend I didn't hear her....but there was something in her voice that made me really wake up. That little voice in my head that said, "Wake up and listen, something sweet is about to happen!". And it did. I laid there listening to my 7 yr old little angel tell me about her magical, sweet, beautiful dream. We built in and then lived in a house of flowers. Then she described the colors and the smells of all of these flowers and the grass. Our family built this house of flowers--together. She said we really worked hard and we all got along making this house (oh, good there is hope). She described every detail. I was basking in her descriptive words. My dad would have been totally mesmorized in her sweet description. I am so grateful for that little voice in my head that said--pay attention, dingdong!!! What an amazing way to start a Monday. My wish for Kawehi and all my kids is to have sweet beautiful dreams every night. Thank you for sharing. I would say to all of us when your children say, "Mommy do you want...?' The answer is always YES, because I promise you something sweet is about to happen.

2 comments:

  1. That made me tear up. Few things would be so lovely as building a house of flowers with your family, happy, loving, and cooperating. It's such an amazing visual. And I bet it would smell incredible. What a good, wise mother you are to appreciate your children and write down their dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. katie!

    that made me tear up too! so sweet!!!

    nice to e-meet ya girl. i love your sis like she's my own sis...so [of course] i don't mind ya stoppin' by my blogster. {thanks for the kind words...}

    about the [did you think to pray signs]...i'm flattered you'd ask & i can totally make you some. email me what colors, etc. we can work out a price...won't be much.

    angieinpink@gmail.com

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete