5/02/2009

Just Another Day in Paradise....


I know you all think living in Hawaii must be "Paradise". It is. I am still learning to love it here only because I am still so homesick. However, I am not a "beach" person. I talk to so many of you and you all say how you would love to spend your day at the beach....ME...not so much. Let me explain: I have a major OCD fear of sharks. Like petrified to go into the water fear. Some of you know how deep my fear runs. I saw the movie JAWS when I was 9 on the big screen and it scared the livin' bejeebees out of me. To this day I HATE going into the ocean. I will put my foot in and stay on the shoreline. Allan and the kids will start the music to Jaws when they want to freak me out. They think it is funny--it isn't. I hate the sand all over the place and in everything. I burn. I do NOT have a beach body. So, you see the beach is not my most favorite place. I would rather be in Switzwerland, snowed in a cabin, by a nice roaring fire, in one of those big white sweaters. That is just me. However, last weekend we went to the Waikoloa Hilton Grand Vacation Hotel. My sis-in-law knows someone who works there and we went to their pool for the day. Now, that was fun. Paradise for me. No Sharks. No sand. The water was great, I could see my kids at all times. There was a slide they loved going down. Ok, so I still got sunburned. But I can handle that. We had a blast. It was a lot of fun. These pictures are a few from our day. This is paradise. Kids. Loved ones. Sun. Water. Fun. Wish you were all here.















5 comments:

  1. ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!?????!!! That looks so fun! Glad you finally got your day at the 'beach'!!!!

    love ya
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there too!!! I actually love the beach, just hate the ocean! :) I am so glad you all had fun. The resort looks beautiful, and the slide, well my kids and I are all jealous! :) Love you and miss you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun!

    I had no idea that you were so afriad of sharks. I guess it doesn't come up much in Idaho. It's ironic that you are in Hawaii now. But what a wonderful time your kids must be having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. any time I spend outside results in a mad sunburn...so I'm with you on the beach thing...that hotel looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun! give the kids my love!

    ReplyDelete