5/17/2009

Mean Girls...just make me want to spit nails!!!

I know I cannot be the only one to feel this way. But as a mother, when one of your babies is hurt don't you just feel like you are a mother bear with claws? When one of your cherished kiddos is hurt on PURPOSE because of MEAN GIRLS don't you just want to spit nails? I have been so upset this last week because of some stuff going on to my oldest, CS, that I could literally spit nails from here in Hawaii back to Idaho!!!. I won't get into too many details but it came to our attention that the group of so-called friends of CS back in Idaho have been and continue to spread rumors about her. Ok, #1--she hasn't been there for over 2+ months, #2-we are an ocean away--why does this stuff happen? What is the purpose of this nonsense. Of course with the miracle world of texting we find out about the rumors almost immediately. But some of the rumors are just plain stupid and require no response (i.e. "CS lied about her dad being Hawaiian--he really isn't"--uh, hello, "CS lied about her sister dying" etc.etc.) But the last one sent us over the edge and had to be dealt with. SO RIDICULOUS that we are dealing with this stuff. So much energy and attention spent on this that shouldn't be necessary. Anyway, we had to get the school and the police involved. Supposedly, it will stop. We will see. But, wow, was I ready to fight. I was ready to spit nails. I cannot stand Middle School. I wish there were no mean girls. I wish jealousy was wiped out. I hope that all of our daughters will just respect each other enough to love one another and bouy each other up instead of tear each other down. So, in view of my little girl getting hurt I wanted to spotlight her in a positive way in this blog entry. This is CS. Her nickname is Pineapple Princess. I love this goofy picture of her. For some strange reason she loves to write on herself. Drives me and Allan crazy, but one of her good friends was over and they went crazy. I love her strength. For she is strong. She has had some pretty hard things to deal with in her life. She has a strong testimony. She stands up for her morals. She is a true Saturday's Warrior. She has an amazing capacity to "get through" whatever road bump is in her way. I admire her.
Here is Pineapple Princess on the BSU campus after a game. One of the funnest times we shared was last October. We went to a BSU vs. Hawaii game--BSU won!! Yeah. After the game we walked around campus and found this bell. I introduced her to the song "Ring My Bell" and we sang it loud and silly. Good times.

This is Pineapple Princess with my mom. Pineapple and G'ma have been the best of friends forever. Pinepple is named after my sister and this beautiful lady. My mom has been so very special to my daughter. I am so grateful that we were able to live in Las Vegas together. They have a special song that any time either one hears it they try to call each other...."Truly, Madly, Deeply" by Savage Garden. I love that they call each other when they hear it. I love that my daughter has g'ma's #'s in her speed dial under Awesome G'ma. I love that we have families that can be eternal. I love that Heavenly Father gave us grandmothers.


These last two pictures are Pineapple in a "reflective" mood. She loves to experiment with her camera. And fortunately for us, we get some neat pictures.
Since I have been a teenage girl, I know how hard it is. I know that these years in a girls life are so confusing and can be difficult. I guess I thought I could be Super-Mom and shield her away from all of that "mean girl" stuff. I failed with that attempt. However, I am grateful that when she was hurting she was able to say, "Mom, can I talk to you?..." and she allowed me to help her. I am grateful that she and I can talk about anything and everything--and we do. I am grateful that this beautiful human being calls me MOM and is a part of my eternal life. I am grateful that after 8 years of trying to get pregnant I was blessed with perfection--so worth the wait. I am grateful that this young woman is who she is. I am grateful that she has had amazing examples in her life. I am grateful that she has a sense of humor, a heart as big as the world and empathy and compassion for others. I am grateful for her. I am grateful to call her daughter and friend.





5 comments:

  1. my heart breaks for cs...that totally sucks...I would never NEVER go back to jr high - or even high school....it's such a rough time - espeically jr high. I love her and her good morals and her great attitude...she is such a good girl. I would be the mother with claws out too...I wish we could shield them from all this crud that goes on. give her my love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I do not understand how kids can be so mean! My kids are so nice. I hope that they don't get older and turn out like that. Right now, Laurel has a hard time finding kids her own age that she can really be friends with. Even in 1st grade the girls tend to be catty.

    CS is an amazing girl. She has a LOT of depth.

    I hope that Karma really comes back to some people! Or that they grow up. One or the other.

    Are the kids in Hawaii any nicer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I told you to tell CS not to worry about anything those girls say, she is so special. What goes around comes around, right?!?! I would also like to tell her that those girls must be extra insecure to do this behind her back when she is an ocean away. They will have to live with themselves until they make it right. I love you CS!!! We all love you. Keep your chin up, and don't change one bit! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls can be so horrible and mean. Just let CoriSue know she's not the only one who's had to deal with it, we all have. And me too! Maybe that will make her feel better... She is such an awesome girl and is one of my FAVORITES still, even though you guys moved. I miss you and hope you are all doing well. The baby is due in 28 days- oh my goodness! I'll send pictures as soon as I can . :-)
    XOXO to you and CoriSue!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mean girls bite!!! You know what stinks is that sometimes they don't get any better. We just have to learn to be strong and I know the CS is so very strong. Tell her I love her and oh boy are my claws out there with yours!! Bring it on!!! WE love you all!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete