5/27/2009

You know you are in Hawaii when you see......

Signs like this.....Should I be nervous?



When you see foliage with "24 INCH" leaves...this picture doesn't do it justice but the leaves here are HUGE. I love looking at them. The foliage goes right to the roads you travel on, it is almost like you can put your hand out the window and touch them as you drive by. It is one of my favorite things to look at here in Hawaii.

You know you are DEFINITELY in Hawaii when McDonald's carries Taro pies....YUCK!! If anyone has ever heard of POI, this is what it is made of....Taro. I, personally, can't stand the stuff...neither can my HAWAIIAN husband. It is one of those things that you either love or hate. We hate. Hate is such a strong word, maybe I should tone it down a bit......No, hate is the right word.

And my personal favorite sign I have seen.......Isn't this hilarious? But you literally have to watch out for falling coconuts. Love it!!!

ALOHA. Come anytime. We miss you all. Wish you were here or I was there.

4 comments:

  1. That "stuff" at McD looks disgusting? What is it made of? Those signs are definitley not something you would see here in good old QC. With my luck I would probably get hit on the head by a coconut! :)

    Miss you and love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hawaii! I am coming...
    When i spent a semester at BYU Hawaii my roommate made me try POI - it's purple right? I don't remember hating it so maybe I liked it.
    What island do you live on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post! I've been wanting to do one for Idaho. I get such a kick out of the tractor crossing signs!

    I wish we could come visit you. It must be nice to have all that green all the time. Just soak it in for us! Our green season lasts for about 2 weeks out of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are very cute....I wish I could just come visit a tsunami (how the heck to you spell that) evacuation area...maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete