6/26/2009

There is Sunshine in my Soul today.....


I am trying really hard to find something to be grateful for or things that bring sunshine to my soul...everyday. This world can be so hard sometimes. I find if I can concentrate on the positive or uplifting things it lightens my load and brings me sunshine...so here are some things I am grateful for...
-----A sweet hubby who is in the next room helping two of my sons get ready for Scout camp and help pass off merit badges; listening to them talk about first aid, erosion, family unity, personal safety, how to help the environment, leather working, etc. etc.
----A daughter who does the laundry for me--without complaining TOO much
----Listening to my IPOD--I love music; one song is the Tabernacle Choir (Called to Serve--it is wonderful) the next is Beyonce--All the Single Ladies. I love the randomness of it!!
----A daughter who benefits from modern medicine when she gets 'owies'
----A little boy who finds joy when we are on our nightly walk; he sees his Daddy's shadow and tries to 'walk in it' as we walk; hearing him giggle just brightens my soul; and then that same little boy run ahead to catch up with his biggest brother, inserts his little hand into his brother's and they walk hand n' hand. I love seeing my children give loving touches to each other.
----A daughter helping her brother think of ways to use natural resources to pass off a merit badge--it's a family affair.
----Thinking of my sweet parent's anniversary this weekend.
----Thinking of my dad and remembering something we did or talked about. I miss him.
----A husband whose back hurts but leans down to give me a kiss because I have had a bad day.
There is my list for this day. I cannot take back yesterday, I cannot see tomorrow. I only have today, right now. I hope Heavenly Father will accept my thanks and gratitude, for it is by HIS bountiful hand that I have what I have. I am grateful for all that I have. I am grateful for the love I feel from Him, above. I hope our Heavenly Father will continue to bless us all. Aloha!!!

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet. I like your list...and I wonder if by benefits from "modern medicine" you mean bandaids...that's my kid's modern medicine and it works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful the way you put it about not being able to take back yesterday or see tomorrow. So true. That really puts it in perspective.

    We are excited that you guys are coming out next summer. Do you need a place to stay while you are in Star? Please stay with us if you do! My kids ask when JAG is coming back at least 2 times a week! At least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Katie!! It's the little things that really end up being the big things. Every day you can find something sweet that you have been blessed with.

    love you all
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome post!!! You are my sunshine! :) Love you guys

    ReplyDelete